Business. Politics. News. Kazmania.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I'm considering switching back

to Yahoo!

For about two years now, I've been fairly loyal Google user. I love their interface and have made Google my homepage and use Google bar.

But over this summer, I have begun using Yahoo! again. (The company mandates Yahoo! is the homepage of all laptops.) During this period i have found that I like the Yahoo! added features. I like the news on the side, and I like that you can personalize it.

Now I admit, even with the recent news regarding its index size, Google often gives slightly better search result than Yahoo! However, I'm not sure if that's good enough to warrent my complete loyalty.

I am officially what one of my favourite profs used to refer to as "margin sucking maggot." I demand that my homepage/search bar meet all my demands. In that way, Yahoo! is clearly superior to Google. I just wish they would go back to the days when Yahoo! was using a Google engine to run their searches.

1 Comments:

Blogger Oliver said...

You won't catch me doing that... yahoo is still dog slow loading because of adspace. Plus, I LOVE the google email search. I want a message all I need to remember is a couple words out of it and it is right back in front of me instead of having to sort through folders and crap.

3:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home