Business. Politics. News. Kazmania.

Monday, June 27, 2005

One More of the Gipper

God Bless Ronald Reagan. He continues to have such an important place in the hearts of Americans. As you probably know by now, Reagan was named the Greatest American last night on the Discovery Channel.

He beat out another Republican President, Abe Lincoln, by less than 1% to win the title.

Being in California right now and having driven within a stone's throw of the Reagan Ranch yesterday I was quite happy when I heard the results this morning on my drive into work. (I don't have cable so I could not watch the show itself.) So in that spirit, here is my favourite Ronald Reagan quote:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."


There is a lesson for Canadian conservatives. You can't stop the fight because you are always only one generation away from total loss or total victory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home