Business. Politics. News. Kazmania.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

On Harper and Babies

Can I tell you how much I hate this?

Well, I'm not really asking for permission. I'm just going to tell you.

I hate the CP report on Harper's BBQ event in Nova Scotia for the following reasons:

1) Peter Mackay seems to be playing a larger role in the party. I can't think of a week that goes by where this guy does not effectively stiff one of our caucus critics on an issue. (The only exception so far has been Rona Ambrose, who seems to be good at gaurding her turf.) It's not that I dislike Peter Mackay.. no actually that is exactly it: I dislike Peter Mackay. He has made two or three huge mistakes. 1) Orchard deal 2) mistreating his pre-belinda girlfriends in a very public, and humiliating way, and 3) the huge faux-outrage at the convention. (Those are only the top three that come to my mind.) So it's annoying that this guy has more power than any deputy leader since John Reynolds in the Stockwell Day shadow cabinet.

2) I hate Harper's shirt. He is wearing his trademark Harry Rosen to a BBQ. This guy clearly doesn't like this stuff. So if you are going to send him out to a BBQ in Nova Scotia, could someone please tell Carolyn Stewart to whisper to Harper that he should not be wearing shirts that cost well over $200. If they are going to give this guy an image makeover, which I don't think he needs, they should hire a freaking image consultant.

If these two points seem petty, well tough, I was working till 11PM last night (on a holiday!) so I'm a bit cranky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home